Is your Quickbooks company file’s “temporary” search index errors on your computer growing out of control in %appdata%\temp? Fix it in 5 easy steps & get back your hard drive space.
- Close Quickbooks
- Delete QBSearchIndexerError.txt file.
- If the file is in use, stop your QB services in the task manager. Restart them after deletion.
- In the directory holding your .QBW file, look for the associated SearchIndex folder “[CompanyFileName].QBW.SearchIndex” Delete all the files in that folder.
- Open Quickbooks, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Search -> Company Preferences, click [Update Now]. This might take a while.
- Check on the file size of QBSearchIndexerError.txt